Bruce Anchor Motel
The Bruce Anchor Motel showcases 24 standard rooms. Some of these rooms are complete with 6 foot jacuzzi tubs. We have 9 waterview rooms, 3 partial waterview rooms, and one two bedroom suite with a full kitchen/livingroom where guests can catch a rather pleasant glimpse of Georgian Bay. Each room has a balcony or terrace made accessible by sliding glass doors. Most motel rooms are furnished with two queen sized beds. In addition, all rooms are non-smoking and pet free, and have air conditioning, free wi-fi, cable tv, mini fridges with freezers, except the king rooms which do not have a freezer, and a coffee maker.
The Bruce Anchor Motel serves coffee and tea from 5 am to 2 am in the main office. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. Behind the motel is a pavilion where guests can have an outdoor meal. This area is complete with microwaves, toasters, kettles, charcoal bbq’s, and picnic tables available for all guests staying at our motel.
It is especially relevant to note that pets and smoking are not allowed in any rooms, suites, or cottages.
- Sunset Deck: All of our guests are welcome to use our multi-level, waterfront deck, just across the street from the Bruce Anchor Motel. A panoramic view of our incredible sunsets make this deck the place to be while visiting Tobermory. Also, guests may see the most noteworthy ChiCheemaun pass by, Big Tub lighthouse and boats of all shapes and sizes travel by. Furthermore, the ever-changing view on the sunset deck is a pleasant way to pass an hour, or an evening, soaking up the rays and the natural ambiance.
- Upper Viewing Deck: Sheltered and shady, our upper viewing deck is furnished with comfy chairs and tables. This deck is an ideal location to take in the view with your meals! Curl up with a book or have a snooze while enjoying the refreshing breeze off Georgian Bay on a warm summer’s day.
- Balconies/Terraces: Enjoy the Georgian Bay breezes from the comfort of your own balcony or terrace simply by stepping outside the door of your room. A great place to savour your morning coffee or sip on a refreshing beverage!
- Downtown/Ferry/Little Tub Harbour: The Bruce Anchor Motel is close to it all! A short walk will take you into “downtown” Tobermory, where quaint shops encircle Little Tub Harbour. Visitors will find clothing, diving equipment, gifts, artwork, sweets and more! Boat tours to Flowerpot Island (Bruce Anchor Cruises) are available daily, directly across the street from The Bruce Anchor Motel. Only a short walk down the street from The Bruce Anchor Motel, guests can watch the ChiCheemaun take on a load of cars and passengers for their trip to Manitoulin Island.
- Free Parking: Free parking is available at the motel for Bruce Anchor Motel guests. Each cottage has private parking.
The Bruce Anchor offers visitors several cottages that have been designed to suit every need and style. From our chalet style cottages, Mendicino #1 and Mendicino #2 to the one story Sis’s cottage, we have something for everyone. Our cottages will feel like your home away from home. All of our cottages are located within walking distance of Bruce Anchor Cruises and Little Tub Harbour. Therefore, guests can easily dine out or pick up groceries for use in the full kitchens. Have a look through our cottage listings to find your favourite!