Bruce Anchor Motel
Clean and modern, The Bruce Anchor Motel has 24 standard rooms, some with 6 foot jacuzzi tubs, 9 waterview rooms, 3 partial waterview rooms, and one two bedroom suite with a full kitchen/livingroom with a glimpse of the sparkling waters of Georgian Bay. Each room has a balcony or terrace accessible by sliding glass doors, or glass doors. Most motel rooms, are furnished with two queen sized beds. All rooms are non-smoking and pet free, and have air conditioning, free wi-fi, cable tv, mini fridges with freezers (except the king rooms, which have a mini fridge – no freezer), and a coffee maker.
We also serve coffee and tea in the office from 5 am to 2 am. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. Behind the motel there is a pavilion complete with microwaves, toasters, kettles, charcoal bbq’s, and picnic tables available for all guests staying at our motel.
Pets and smoking are not allowed in any rooms, suites, or cottages.
- Sunset Deck: All guests have the use of the multi-level waterfront deck, just a short stroll away across the street from the Bruce Anchor Motel. A panoramic view and glorious sunsets make this deck the place to be while visiting Tobermory. The ChiCheemaun passes several times a day, Big Tub lighthouse stands guard at the entrance of Big Tub Harbour and boats of all shapes and sizes travel by, all day long. With an ever-changing view, the sunset deck is a pleasant way to pass an hour or an evening, soaking up the rays and the natural ambiance.
- Upper Viewing Deck: Sheltered and shady, the Upper Viewing Deck at the Bruce Anchor Motel is furnished with comfy chairs and tables, an ideal location to take in the view with your meals! Curl up with a book or for a snooze while enjoying the refreshing breeze off Georgian Bay on a warm summer’s day.
- Balconies/Terraces: Enjoy the Georgian Bay breezes from the comfort of your own balcony or terrace simply by stepping outside the door of your room. A great place to savour your morning coffee or sip on a refreshing beverage!
- Downtown/Ferry/Little Tub Harbour: The Bruce Anchor is close to it all! A short walk takes you into “downtown” Tobermory, where our quaint shops encircle Little Tub Harbour. Clothing, diving equipment, gifts, artwork, sweets and more can be purchased on a browse through the village. Boat tours to Flowerpot Island leave daily directly across the street from The Bruce Anchor Motel. Only a short walk down the street from The Bruce Anchor Motel, guests can watch the ChiCheemaun take on a load of cars and passengers for their trip to Manitoulin Island.
- Free Parking: Free parking is available at the motel for Bruce Anchor Motel guests. Each cottage has its own private parking area.
The Bruce Anchor offers visitors several cottages that have been designed to suit every need and style. From our chalet style cottages, Mendicino #1 and Mendicino #2 to the one story Sis’s cottage, we have something for everyone that will feel like your home away from home. All of our cottages are located within walking distance of the Bruce Anchor Cruises, and the downtown hub of Little Tub Harbour, where you can dine out, or pick up some groceries for use in the full kitchens. Have a look through our cottage listings to find your favourite!